quarta-feira, 10 de outubro de 2012

George R. R. Martin

George R. R. Martin deu uma grande entrevista no Blogue Adria's News sobre A Song of Ice and Fire, a série televisiva Game of Thrones e vários outros assuntos com opiniões e pequenos vislumbres sobre o futuro. Ficam aqui algumas das suas respostas/ideias...

Science fiction was my first love, even before fantasy.


I think a good story is timeless and I see it in my books signings.

I hate the omniscient viewpoint because none of us have an omniscient viewpoint; we are alone in the universe.

When I finish this saga I will be judged for the quality of the books, not for the speed of my writing.

For me, writing a book is like a long journey, and like any trip, I know the point where I start the journey and the point I wanna get to.

Prophecies are, you know, a double edge sword. You have to handle them very carefully; I mean, they can add depth and interest to a book, but you don’t want to be too literal or too easy...

It was always my intention: to play with the reader’s expectations.

Fantasy requires more magnificent structures so I exaggerated the attributes of Hadrian’s Wall.

No. My work is not an allegory to our days. If I wanted to write about the financial crisis or the conflict in Syria, I would write about the financial crisis or the conflict in Syria, without any metaphor. However, it’s true that in my novels appear several elements which we can find in world history. Things such as power, sex, pain…

Science fiction, then, presented an idealistic world: the space, a bright future, but unluckily that optimism disappeared very quickly and the future wasn’t as good as we had expected. Nowadays, science fiction is very pessimistic and talks about dystopias: about a polluted world, about a rotten world…


Entrevista: Adria's News

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário